What a wonderful surprise this morning to find out that Amy at Brotmanblog: A Family Journey has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thanks, Amy, for being a reader of my blog and for the nomination! Many of the blogs I enjoy take me on a journey, sometimes to the past, and sometimes into the unknown. Here are the basic guidelines Amy gave me for accepting this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!).
4. Contact your bloggers to let them know that you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award.
A constant focus of this blog, Genealogy Sisters, that I do with my sister, is sharing family history and photographs. My brothers also help behind the scenes sharing stories.
1. The most important thing about me is my love of family. Growing up we had fun times and crazy times and hard times. Sometimes family isn’t genetic, but instead the ones that hold you dear to their hearts. I love all kinds of family, but especially my own. My greatest joy is that now I’m a granny!
2. I really enjoy traveling. The photo below was taken when I was eighteen and on a biking trip in Canada with my girlfriend, Linnie. When she saw this picture recently she thought I most have all the photos from that trip, and I thought she must have had them. We laughed when we realized this was the only photo either of us had. Something I’m still trying to learn is to pack, and then leave half of it home.
3. Reading is another thing I really enjoy. One of my all-time favorite books was Anne of Green Gables. Can you read the title of the book I’m reading below? It was another classic from when I was eight years old. I still enjoy getting books for my birthday!
4. I love pets. At different times I have shared my life with dogs, cats, hamsters, parrots, and even an owl. Right now we have grand-cats, and a beautiful Chessie that enjoys our lake as much as we do. This photo shows my first fur-family love.
5. Another thing about myself is that I enjoy the water. I like canoeing, kayaking, and sitting on the dock with my toes in the water. From the time I was little I loved looking for shells.
6. I love my faith, and I also enjoy learning about other beliefs and viewpoints.
7. I procrastinate and I dillydally. I will try and contact each one of the blogs that I enjoy below, but it won’t be today, and maybe not even tomorrow.
When it comes to nominating blogs that I admire, I’m omitting a few that I adore. I know some great blogs that won’t accept awards. Take a look at any of these blogs by clicking on the titles. In no particular order:
12, Shaking the Tree
“To forget one’s ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root.” ~ Chinese Folk Wisdom.